Your vegetable drawer is another source of home remedies for black spots or dark patches. Potatoes have natural bleaching properties that help fade spots, scars as well as blemishes. The starch in potato helps reduce pigmentation, while the enzymes in it promote healthy skin.
Potatoes can be applied in one of the three ways:
- Slice up a potato.
- Place one slice directly on the black spots.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- Peel and grate a potato.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of honey in the grated potato.
- Apply the mask on your face and allow it to dry for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Extract the juice of 1 potato.
- Add a little lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
- Apply this mixture on your black spots.
- Allow it to dry, then rinse it off.
Some people have also had success using tomatoes to get rid of dark black spots within a few weeks.