Keeping a beard clean - Beard Maintenance
- Just like your hair, wash and shampoo your beard regularly. A mild shampoo is easier on your skin.
- After shampooing, you may use a conditioner. Be sure to rinse thoroughly. Failure to rinse sufficiently may result in flaking. Because beard hairs are so coarse, conditioners will have less effect on the beard than on the hair on your head. But a conditioner will still help make your beard feel softer.
- Gently pat and wipe your beard dry with a towel. Blow drying is not really necessary and can be harsh on your skin.
- Comb your beard and mustache with a wide-toothed comb to remove tangles. Optionally, you can finish up by using a brush.
- Based on your preference, you may enhance your beard care routine with the use of beard oils and beard balms. Experiment to see what you like and if you want to make these popular products part of your beard care routine.