Alopecia-Damaged Hairline Due To Pulling Hair
Ladies with long or thick hair may notice thinning hair on the top of their head, or that their hair has gotten thinner. Pulling can actually cause alopecia, another form of hair loss. A common misconception is that women think their hair has stopped growing, when in fact it is just the hair breaking off from the tight rubber band.
- Wear your pony lower on your head. No higher than the height of your ears.
- Try a a more elastic rubber band, it will put less stress on your hair and roots.
- Change up your hair style. Even once a week will make a big difference.
- Wearing a loose pony or bun at the nape of your neck will be the least stressful for your hair.
- Once you stop wearing tight pony tails the hair loss will halt and will not be permanent
I read that the best hair tie for healthy hair is the scrunchie. How can I make that look good? I don’t think it is possible. The 80’s called…..and you know the rest.